Apricots are grown in eastern Turkey, Malatya. These fruits are hand-picked and carefully pitted, sun dried. They are fat free, very low in sodium, cholesterol free, contains significant levels of iron & high in vitamin A & C.
Turkish Dried Apricots are distinct from other countries as they are dried as whole fruits, rather than halves. The process of drying whole fruits allows the fruits to retain good moisture level.
Dried apricots contain major vitamins and minerals in its composition, which are found to be beneficial to many functions of human body. Some of its benefits include:
- Due to high carotene content (vitamin A), protects the lungs and respiratory system and has a preventive measure against cancer
- Positive effects on the nervous system, brain cells, immunity and growth
- Due to its high potassium content, it regulates blood pressure and strengthens heart muscles allowing heart to function more regularly
- An excellent source of fibre, which decreases blood cholesterol
- Helps in recovery of liver
- Plays an important part in keeping the bones and teeth healthier
- Increases blood production process
- Prevents the formation of stomach, intestine ulcers and kidney stones
The most common way to consume dried apricots is just simply to eat it as a nourishing snack. Don't limit your-in-between meal snacks to biscuit and chocolates. They can be served as compote, puree or sauce. It could be used as topping in ice cream or yoghurt, in cakes and desserts.
NUTRITION Per 100g
Energy 225 kcal
Protein 2.5 g
Total fat 0 g
-Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Carbohydrate 55 g
Dietary fibre 7.5 g
Sodium 25 mg