Apricots are grown in eastern Turkey, Malatya. These fruits are hand-picked and carefully pitted, sun dried. They are fat free, very low in sodium, cholesterol free, contains significant levels of iron & high in vitamin A & C. Dried from Fresh Apricots. Although orange in colour, the fruits contains no colouring. Freshly dried apricots retains a good level of moisture and taste juicy and refreshing when eaten.
Turkish Dried Apricots are distinct from other countries as they are dried as whole fruits, rather than halves. The process of drying whole fruits allows the fruits to retain good moisture level.
Dried apricots contain major vitamins and minerals in its composition, which are found to be beneficial to many functions of human body. Some of its benefits include:
- Positive effects on the nervous system, brain cells, immunity and growth
- Due to high carotene content (vitamin A), it has a preventive measure against cancer
- Due to low sodium and high potassium content, it regulates blood pressure
- An excellent source of fibre, which decreases blood cholesterol
- Helps in recovery of liver
- Plays an important part in keeping the bones and teeth healthier
- Increases blood production process
- Prevents the formation of stomach and intestine ulcers
- Decreases the formation of kidney stones
- Strengthens the heart muscles causing the heart to function more regularly.
The most common way to consume dried apricots is just simply to eat it as a nourishing snack. Don't limit your-in-between meal snacks to biscuit and chocolates. They can be served as compote, puree or sauce. It could be used as topping in ice cream or yoghurt, in cakes and desserts.